What began as a competition among friends, lovers and Romantic poets resulted in a dream that inspired one of the classic novels of English literature. While traveling through Switzerland at the tender age of 18 with her future husband Percy Shelley and Lord Byron, Mary Shelley won the friendly competition to write the best horror story. Mary dreamt about a scientific experiment gone wrong at Germany’s Frankenstein castle, which she visited just days before, and the resulting story evolved into an iconic novel of the Romantic era.
The Ethereal Visions Publishing edition of Frankenstein features the artistry of Matt Hughes and the original 1818 version which approaches the story of the Mary Shelley’s concept of Frankenstein’s Monster as a self-reflection of the darker side of Victor Frankenstein.
This unique publication will include:
• Hard cover 10" x 7.25" portrait Casebound; smyth sewn
• Gold foil stamp with two colors on front and spine of cover
• 240 pages (100gsm dong fang cream wood free pages)
• Two color black and red interior (black text with red line illustrations on every chapter header)
• Four full color tipped-in plates on tinted paper
• Illustrated end pages
• Ribbon marker
• Gilded stained edges
• Tissue covers for the 4 tipped-in plates
• Frontispiece illustration
• Aged appearance applied by hand to cover
Please contact us for theshipping cost outside the United States. We require all items shipped outside the United States to purchase insurance.